Many modifications and upgrades have recently occurred in Canada’s immigration system as the country attempts to swiftly recover from the epidemic. As labor shortages reach an all-time high, several Canadian provinces are aggressively seeking individuals to fill these positions and are actively providing many international workers overseas with the opportunity for a fresh start. As previously stated, the IRCC is modernizing the NOC code system, which is scheduled to be live in November 2022. With this latest update, 16 additional jobs have been added to the list of qualifying occupations for Express Entry’s categories. Eligible via Express Entry
What Exactly Is Express Entry?
Express Entry is the most common immigration method for people seeking to earn permanent residency in Canada based on their job experience and abilities. The IRCC manages this system, which will examine each applicant’s profile to decide if they’d be a good candidate for Canadian PR based on a variety of variables.
Occupations That Have Been Made Eligible
With several businesses facing labor shortages across the nation, the IRCC has introduced 16 vocations that are now eligible for Express Entry via the NOC code update. This will provide opportunities for many foreign employees interested in moving to Canada, as well as some of those now working in entry-level positions. Among these jobs are:
- Payroll Specialists
- Dental laboratory assistants and dental assistants
- orderlies, nurse aides, and patient service associates.
- Technical pharmacy assistants and pharmacy assistants
- Teacher aides in elementary and secondary schools
- Bailiffs and Sheriffs
- Officers of the correctional system
- Officers in charge of bylaw enforcement and other regulatory functions
- Estheticians, etiologist, and other related professions
- Installers and service providers for both residential and commercial properties.
- Fumigators and pest controllers
- Other repairers or service providers
- Drivers of transport trucks
- Bus drivers, subway operators, and other forms of public transportation.
- Operators of heavy machinery
- Aircraft assemblers and inspectors of aircraft assembly
Jobs That Have Become Ineligible
On the other hand, three occupation categories became ineligible as a result of this NOC code update. Among these categories are:
- Other artists
- Recreation, sport, and fitness program directors and instructors
- Tailors, seamstresses, furriers, and milliners
Are You Interested in Applying for Express Entry in July?
If so, Contact Navigate to Canada to book a consultation. All our cases are handled by competent and experienced immigration professionals who are affiliated with the Canadian high commission. Navigate to Canada is a reliable immigration firm that adheres to the highest standards of client service.
Have a question related to your immigration needs?
If you haven’t gone through the assessment form before, please fill it out the FREE Assessment Form and get a response within 24 hours to see if you’re eligible.
The assessment form should take approximately 5–7 minutes to complete. We will get back to you within one business day to let you know if we are able to help.