There are over 100 pathways to immigrate to Canada! In this article, we’ll be outlining some of these pathways for migration. To make it easy to understand, a broad definition and requirements for each pathway will be given. For more detailed information, readers are advised to visit the individual links included in each pathway.
Did you know: Between 2021 and 2023, Canada will welcome over one million immigrants from all over the world?
The Canadian government offers you an opportunity to make your family a part of your new life in Canada.
Once you have obtained a permanent residence in Canada, you are allowed to sponsor your spouse, dependent children, common-law partner, Conjugal partner, parents, grandparent, brothers, sisters, or any other person with whom you share a familial relationship to become a permanent resident of Canada.
You can also sponsor certain family members through the Provincial Nominee Programs in Alberta, Manitoba, Newfoundland, and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Saskatchewan.
Family members eligible to sponsor include;
- Spouse or common-law/conjugal partner
- Parents and grandparents
- Dependent child(ren)
There are however certain circumstances when you may be eligible to sponsor other family members other than the above-mentioned categories. You may sponsor family members from any of the following categories if you have no eligible family member to sponsor;
- Orphaned grandchild
- Orphaned brother or sister
- Orphaned niece of nephew
Find out just how qualified you and your family members are. Take our free assessment test.
Are you a skilled worker or a business owner? Then this is the perfect option for you! As a worker, you may be able to migrate to Canada through the Federal Skilled Worker program. As a business owner, you can apply for the Federal Start-Up Visa Program or the Federal Self-Employed Persons Program.
This immigration program is designed to help promote and develop Canada’s economy by attracting entrepreneurs, the self employed and business persons who are not yet Canadian citizens. Currently, there are three Business Immigration Programs streams available, these are:
- Self employed program: this program is for people who are capable of creating their own employment, by contributing athletically, culturally, or artistically to Canada’s employment market. People with sufficient funds and relevant work experience can apply for the self- employed program.
- Start up Visa: candidates may apply if they have a qualifying innovative business that will help grow the canadian economy as well as create jobs in Canada. Successful applicants will get permanent residence for both them and their families.
- Business visitor visa: This visa is for business individuals who intend to stay temporarily in Canada in order to engage in international business markets by growing , investing or creating business connections. This category is for potential candidates who, among other requirements, do not intend to impact directly on the Canadian job market.
- PNP Entrepreneur Visa Stream: Entrepreneur programs like the New Brunswick Entrepreneur stream give immigrants the opportunity to take advantage of Canada’s growing economic power, and possibly gain permanent residence in Canada along with their family.
- Express Entry: Its an electronic immigration program designed by the government of Canada to allow people from all over the world to apply for immigration to Canada based on their specific skills. For most individuals looking to come to Canada, the express entry program offered by Canada is one of the fastest and easiest ways to come to Canada
- Caregiver Pathway: Through this program, qualified individuals can come to Canada to care for children, elderly persons, or persons with disabilities in private homes.
A live-in caregiver visa requires a lot more time and scrutiny because of the vulnerability of the beneficiaries. (children under 18 years, elderly above 65 years, disabled persons) It requires proper work experience, a good hold of English or French language, and a high school diploma.
Immigration Tip: Find out which immigration pathway would be best suited to fulfill your immigration goals by taking our free assessment.
You will be evaluated for the dozens of immigration programs available and let you know which is best for you.
Navigate to Canada seeks to help our clients achieve their goals, we offer several services which are personalized to fit the goals of each client. As a reliable immigration consultancy provider in Nigeria, we ensure that the process meets the needs of our clients smoothly and seamlessly.